Will artificial grass fade or stain?
Artificial grass has many advantages. It's easy to see why homeowners, commercial property owners and even municipalities have made the switch. But fake grass is a synthetic product, so you might wonder if it will stain or fade.
Our UDINE TURF products will not tarnish green or degrade over time. They also don't get dirty. In fact, we've tried sprinkling everything we can think of on our artificial grass products and we haven't had a stain.
UV stabilizer to prevent fading
Prolonged exposure to the sun's UV rays can cause discoloration in many products, both natural and synthetic. To prevent this from happening, most artificial grasses have UV stabilizers built into the material before the blades are made. UV stabilizers are part of the product, not something that can be washed off or worn away. Even so, artificial grass does experience very slight fading
Over time - typically less than 8% color loss in 10 years.
Modern chemistry can also prevent stains
The artificial substrate that forms artificial grass is strong and durable in many ways. In addition to being fade resistant, it won't rip or tear. It's also specially formulated to resist stains, as the grass won't absorb anything spilled on it.
You can help your grass look its best
Synthetic turf is formulated and constructed to last for years without fading or staining. But there are steps you can take to take full advantage of these benefits:
● Read and follow the manufacturer's recommendations(Click here for advice) for proper maintenance. Fake grass doesn't need much, but a few simple tasks will keep your lawn looking its best.
● In prolonged dry weather, hose down the lawn occasionally to prevent dust and dirt build-up. (Conserving water is always important. If drought conditions recur, you can either forgo rinsing the grass, or reduce the number of rinses.)
● Remove fallen leaves, branches, and other natural or man-made debris (including any pet deposits) as soon as possible to reduce the chance that something will damage the grass. Pick up larger pieces by hand and use a leaf blower to remove light material.
● If you've added lawn ornaments to your landscaping, move them around regularly. This will help the blade and underlying substrate not get squashed or damaged.
● Over the years, time and weather can cause artificial grass to break down slightly. To help keep your lawn stain-free, manufacturers offer anti-fouling products that can be used on your lawn.
Never say Never
As we've pointed out, the manufacturers of most artificial grass products incorporate specific chemicals and compounds into the turf matrix to provide maximum protection against fading and stains. Still, no matter how careful you are, there are a few things that can damage your artificial grass.
For example, battery acid and other aggressive chemicals can damage anything they come in contact with. Additionally, certain petroleum-based chemicals and compounds can damage your synthetic turf—including blades and underlying fabrics. At the end of the day, a good rule of thumb is that if something will stain or damage your clothing, it will stain the fabric of the artificial grass. So it's best to keep these products away from your artificial turf.
Now that you know that artificial grass is extremely unlikely to fade or stain, we're guessing you may have other details, you can contact us and we'll answer all your questions.
Keep In Touch
We will get you a fast FREE QUOTE and schedule your job on the day and time that works best for you.